Saturday, May 5, 2012

R.I.P. Adam Yauch, 1964 - 2012

copyright (c), Danny Clinch

Another one of the important pioneers gone too soon. The Beastie Boys are the only rap group/artist I care about.  Their contributions to hip-hop music and popular culture are immense. They were just as concerned about doing good in this world as they were having fun making rhymes and innovative beats. And of course their music videos were groundbreaking too, many of which were directed by Yauch himself. His most epic was his final one last year, Fight For Your Right Revisited [link]. MCA has always been my favorite rapper of the trio, I always get a kick outta his husky voice. He'll be missed terribly. I'll spin Paul's Boutique and To The Five Boroughs tonight in honor of him. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and bandmates.