Friday, January 20, 2012

RAH

The waiting really IS the hardest part. And I had to wait a good hour and 15mins at Ticketmaster before I got tickets to see Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers at the Royal Albert Hall on 18 June. I knew it was hard getting tickets, but I didn't know it'd be this hard. Not wanting to risk going away empty-handed, I had to settle for the high level circle seats at the side, at least they're not restricted view. Seeing a legendary rock & roll band at a legendary venue; I get goosebumps just thinking about it. Fans have been complaining that their setlists have not changed much during the past two tours. Doesn't bother me that much; many of us non-Americans have waited long enough to finally see the band live and will be more than ecstatic to have a full-on greatest hits gig. Their first proper UK show in 13 years....it's gonna be fucking epic.